I don't think it's fair that the work week is 5 days long and weekend is a measly 2 days, it's bullshit. Sorry mom, bullpoop.
On Saturday my beautiful cousin, Courtney, was married up at Mission Ridge and let me just say I l-o-v-e my cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents, all of them. Of the 15 "Cooper" cousins there were 12 in attendance, some I see quite regularly and some I don't get to see as often because they are stupid and moved to stupid Seattle, you know who you are...(Kelsey, Katey and Ryan.) Anywho, the ceremony was short and sweet and I cried when Court got a little choked up while saying her vows, we ate and visited and danced. At around nine we made our way down the mountain to hit up the happenin' "clubs" of Wenatchee...aka 10 Below. David and I never get to go out as a couple since we have like ten kids but we had a babysitter for the wedding and decided we should take advantage of a free night out!
David went home around midnight to relieve Jamie and I stayed with the girls. 3 too many pineapple mojitos later (I maybe drink once a month so this is a lot for me) I was ready to go home and go to bed. Jonesy thought it would be fun to wake up at 5am for an early-bird breakfast so I made David get up with him, then at 7:30 the rest of the kiddos woke up which meant I had to too. Didn't they know mommy was slightly hung over? David went to get my hangover cure: the McDonald's hash brown. It works every time. After eating two of those I can be vertical again instead of horizontal.
Mila and I went to my parents house to ride her early birthday present, a hot pink barbie bike, not what I would have chosen but Mila loves it. Kelsey and Kylee came over to see the kids before Kels went back to Seattle :( and then I took a much needed nap. At 6 we went down to the river to play in the water, Scout floated around and Mila made new friends.
he floated around like this for about 40 minutes.
Coolin' off his tootsies.
Coolin' off my tootsies.
Building castles with new friends.
Daddy and son #2
David and I have been trying to do something fun the with the kids every Sunday, in the last three weeks we've gone to Moses Hole (hehe) for water slides, Lake Chelan to hang out by the lake, and this last Sunday we went to Rocky Reach Dam. I hadn't been there since the 6th grade for a field trip and David had only been there once, we put the boys in the stroller and went on a dam tour...a self guided dam tour that is.
After (barely) making it through security we went down to the fish viewing windows to see the salmon.
This is actually a dam tiger trout, there weren't many salmon when we were there.
the dam ladder
the dam spillway
the dam generators
After being in the museum for about thirty minutes Scout had reached his dam limit, he was hungry and needed a nap so left that damn dam :)
It was pretty fun, I appreciated it more than the last time I went that's for sure.
On Sunday evening we loaded up the herd and took them to the splash pad for a little bit of water fun. We get there at about 6:30, it's totally packed. David and I found a bench to sit on, we parked Jonesy's stroller, stripped Scout and Mila down to their swimsuits and set them free...I wish. We should have just stayed home, Scout wouldn't go near the water and Mila was throwing a fit on the bench because she didn't want to either. I actually had to bribe them with gummy worms to have fun. That's right, I bribe my children.
Mila said she was cold and wanted to play on the toys and Scout stood by my purse and hunted for fruit snacks. Jonesy was a good boy, he just sat in his stroller wearing Mila's sun hat from when she was nine months old, he was probably too embarrassed to want out. After twenty minutes of playing on the toys Mila finally found a friend and went through the water, Scout just kept on eating.
Scout, you dropped a fruit snack.
Looking for more...
Eating more fruit snacks...
I think he was catching his balance :)
Time to go home...
I should probably start blogging more than once a week.
Oh well, here is a photo recap of the last few day.
On Saturday Hanky got a bath and played catch with the frisbee.
Sarah and the girls stopped by for a bit. Losy and Jonesy playing together :)
After nap time we took them to Rotary Park
Mila having tons of fun
trying to get warm
On Sunday we (Sarah, Mary, Jonesy, Lockie, and I) went to Seattle for stuff for Mary's studio. It was nice to get away just for the day, the babes slept the whole way there which was awesome! We did some shopping then headed home. Didn't take any pictures.
On Monday we did our walk in the morning and then played outside until nap time.
Yesterday was my niece Kamryn's birthday. Since Sarah isn't having her party for a couple of weeks she decided to have a picnic in the forest (Ohme Gardens) with her friends. So we got McDonald's and hiked around the gardens.
Three adults and 9 kids under the age of 6. I had Jones in the bjorn and Scout on my hip, I was sweaty and tired by the end of it.
Mila, Koren, Kam, and Lo looking for fairies
Mary and Lockie leading the way
Tonight we have dance class again, hopefully it will lead to a blog for tomorrow :)
1. Yay for doing ten on an actual Tuesday!
2. Last weekend was a good one, especially since the weather was awesome and we spent most of it outside. On Saturday we hung out at my sister's house and the kiddos played in the "pool" and the "hippity hopscotch" water thingy. They ate sandwiches, crackers, and lots of watermelon. Around 1 o'clock meltdown mode was quickly approaching so it was time to pack everything up and get the hell outta there and home for nappy time.
The big pool.
After naps we went to Red Robin and sat outside while we ate; Jonesy cried the whole time, Mila was in and out of her chair every two minutes, and Scout whined if we didn't give him food fast enough...the pina colada and large beer we ordered made them a little more tolerable.
On Sunday Jones and I ran errands after our daily walk with my Mom; Mila, Scout, and I played outside from 2-6 while David went golfin'. After he got home we dropped the little ones off at my mom and dad's so we could go to a movie together (thanks again mom!).
3. On Monday we went on our 3 mile walk (thanks for clocking it Debbo!) then went home to play outside for a couple of hours.
Looking for Karen.
Raspberry lemonade popsicles
4. Yesterday Garrett, my mom, and I hiked Saddlerock. It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be, luckily we had super sweet matching water jugs from the dollar store, I mean REI, to keep us hydrated! For some reason neither Garrett or I had ever hiked up there and mother had only done it once a few years ago, so none of us really knew which trails to follow and a couple of times we went up some steep ones (or "black diamonds" as Garrett kept calling them) when we could have gone an easier way. We made it to the top which we were pretty proud of, not so proud of the pictures we took, none of us look good. On the way down I had a horrible side-ache, my eyes were itchy and red from allergies, and I almost fell several times because of the tennis shoes I wore (which are from when I was a senior in high school and have zero tread). Oh well...it was actually really fun, we laughed almost the whole time (mostly at ourselves).
It was windy
Booie and me
6. Scout is OBSESSED with watermelon. I don't think he had had any until Saturday. Pretty hilarious. He had the same rind for about a half hour, and on Sunday he ate numerous pieces again, on Monday he had more AND found the rinds from the day before and continued to naw on those ones. I'd say it's safe to say watermelon will be a regular in our fridge for the rest of the summer.
Note the juice running down his little tummy.
7. I'm loving Mila's hair, it looks so much thicker and healthier than it ever has.
8. Yesterday Mila ran into the bathroom after our walk to poop. "Grandma, can you come turn the light on so I can see my poop" is what she yelled after she was already on the toilet. Kids are so funny.
9. Jonesy has slept from 10pm to 5:40am in his own crib in his own room the last few nights...yay!
10. Yesterday was my parents' 30th wedding anniversary! Love you mom and dad!